Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Comfort of Care

“The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.”
- Psalm 23:1

“And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. To our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen.”
- Philippians 4:19-20

“Our faithful God is an ever-flowing well of delight, and our fellowship with the Son of God is a river full of joy. Knowing these glorious things, we cannot be discouraged.”
- Charles Spurgeon, All of Grace, p. 125

The Lord has promised good to me,
His word my hope secures;
He will my shield and portion be,
As long as life endures.

- John Newton, Amazing Grace, verse 4



Dear Christ Our Redeemer Family and Friends,

The above John Newton hymn keeps playing in my mind. And my comfort is this - God cares for His own. I’m reminded that the unbreakable bond of God’s love for His people has been sealed for all eternity. God has deigned good for us through an oath of promise and it cannot be broken. God’s mercies endure forever toward us, because they are secured for us by His own dear Son. For those that are in Christ every possible combination of difficulty can only have good at its end, and this because of Christ’s mediating work and God’s unfailing promises toward us through Him. This gives me great hope in difficulty and endears great love for the Savior.

The Lord has promised good to us.

Dan

No comments: